[islandlabs] Prototyping Materials

Peter Williams petertw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 13:56:57 EST 2009

One of the arcade machine designs we considered Wed consists of a
"control pedestal" with enclosed MAME box that projects the image onto
a wall in front of you. Advantages include being smaller and lighter
than a full-size arcade machine, but still providing room for up to 4

One question is where to find a cheap projector that displays a large
image onto a wall only a couple feet in front of the pedestal. It
turns out these are called "short throw" projectors, e.g.

Of course that one isn't cheap, so if anyone has any ideas they'd be appreciated