[islandlabs] Prototyping Materials

Peter Williams petertw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 13:56:57 EST 2009

One of the arcade machine designs we considered Wed consists of a
"control pedestal" with enclosed MAME box that projects the image onto
a wall in front of you. Advantages include being smaller and lighter
than a full-size arcade machine, but still providing room for up to 4
players.

One question is where to find a cheap projector that displays a large
image onto a wall only a couple feet in front of the pedestal. It
turns out these are called "short throw" projectors, e.g.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014178

Of course that one isn't cheap, so if anyone has any ideas they'd be appreciated

-Peter