[islandlabs] Visit-a-class

Benjamin Kudria ben at kudria.net
Sun Mar 22 17:55:03 EDT 2009

2009/3/22 Tony Biondo <tonyb at tonybox.net>:
> Hi there.
>
> I signed up for Stony Brook's 'visit-a-class' thing (I was recently
> accepted there) and the class I'm visiting happens to be on a Wednesday.
>
>> Date: Wednesday 4/15
>> Class Name: Introduction to Programming
>> Class Time: 11:45am-12:40pm
>> Campus Tour: 12:45pm
>> During the week of your visit, Information Sessions led by the Office
>> of Undergraduate Admissions will also be available at 2:30pm.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what I could do from
> the end of that to when the meeting starts (assuming there is a meeting
> that day).

"Visit-a-class"?  Really?

Go to http://cs.sunysb.edu , find the undergrad courses list, check
the schedules, and find some classes you would be interested in
sitting in on.  Email the professor before class or talk to them
before it starts and tell them you're a future student and you're
interested in sitting in on a lecture.  I don't think there is a
professor in the department that will care.

Ben Kudria
http://ben.kudria.net | Jabber: ben at kudria.net