[islandlabs] Balloon Launch II - Preflight Questions

Jonathan Dahan jedahan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 11:47:06 EDT 2010

http://ukhas.org.uk/_media/guides:burst1a.xls?id=guides%3Aballoon_data&cache=cache

Pick the balloon size (in grams), mess with the diameter until you get the
free lift you want. I can post the reverse calculations sometime too, and
maybe modify the sheet so that we just pick the free lift and balloon size
and skip the diameter, which is kind of roundabout anyway. Recalculating
after the first set of data points is...mediocre at best due to the lift
speed actually rising with the balloon (due to the lowering air pressure).

- Jonathan