[islandlabs] Bot779 part build.

john abella john at abella.net
Thu Apr 22 22:26:58 EDT 2010

Congrats, that is awesome!   I can't wait to see it in action.

Do you guys know how hot the build platform is?

I didn't realize anyone was printing idler wheels, I'd only seen things like
insulated retainers and upgraded plastruders.    I'd love to find one of the
aluminum ones that people were selling a few weeks ago on eBay.  We used
epoxy on mine hoping that it would eat the acrylic less than the CA would.

My 'bot was missing a bushing, but is otherwise completed.   We haven't
hooked it up to anything yet, that's the mission for Saturday.     I'm using
a MakerGear heatcore instead of the traditional nichrome wrap, since I
figure I'll need to disassemble things a bit in the beginning.  We also
relocated the extruder controller board, so that we've got a good view of
the extruder-mech.

I got a few other small goodies from MakerBot this week when I visited, will
report back after the weekend with an update if we make any progress.

John