[islandlabs] Balloon Launch II: Progress Report 3

Joe toolfox at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 00:16:38 EDT 2010

The 16 GB MicroSD card arrived in today's mail from Bristol, CT. Linux reports
the device as being 14.8 GB free space (reasonable amount of overhead for a
FAT32 filesystem).

The camera accepts the card as a valid storage device and records video and
pictures.

The only hurdle at this point is to make an external battery feed and check
how long I can get the camera to record continuously.

Oh, yeah...I also have to see about cleaning the "schmutz" that got on the
lens Wednesday night; video is now a bit fuzzy and "soft."

Barring any unforseen hardware failures, it looks like the keychain video
camera is a "go" for Balloon Launch II.

TonyB: John Abella reported that your datalogger project might be ready for a
balloon launch. What is its status? Will something be ready for payload
integration before the next proposed launch date (May 1)?

Joe