[islandlabs] maker-faire

john abella john at abella.net
Thu Aug 19 00:11:53 EDT 2010

Hey guys !

The deadline to sign up as 'Makers' was 8/15, and I know they got a big
flood of applications.

That being said, if you want to still try and get a booth, do it ASAP!

http://makerfaire.com/newyork/2010/callformakers/

I know they'll still take a few more if you put something good together, and
they have room.

The 3D Printer Village is up to probably 10 people bringing printers.
We'll have MakerBots and Mendels, probably a Darwin and maybe even a
homebrew repstrap.   We're going to be live-building a MakerBot with a
frostruder, and I've already got 5 or 6 other companies donating parts or
supplies to keep us going throughout the weekend.   Should be good times.

John