[islandlabs] Low Pass Filter for the $5 Transmitter

Burns, William burns at cshl.edu
Thu Aug 26 11:02:18 EDT 2010

Joe:

I assumed that a low pass filter would have a capacitor in series with
the signal.
This filter is putting inductors in series instead.
It's interesting, but I don't know nearly enough about LC circuits to
figure out why multiple inductors are being used and what the component
values should be.

Just 'cause Joe outlined the use of PNP transistors for turning the
keycam on+off via a microcontroller..
Here's some good/interesting info on PNP transistors.
http://lark.tu-sofia.bg/epp/handouts/transistor_en.pdf

It looks like we've got all the technology pieces required to build this
transmitter, read a pressure gauge, and transmit that info back to the
ground.
Flyable APRS and/or GPS could be 'round the corner too.

-Bill