[islandlabs] Launch Date?

John Teddy masterjediyoda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 00:54:22 EST 2010

I very much agree with Bill's assessment, we need to launch soon. The first
launch date is the weekend after next, that is less than two weeks from now.

Kuzew how is APRS coming, can you finish it in time?

Jonathan, did you find that cell phone? If not are you going to order
another one?

We need to test to communications system we use before the launch, we we
have to do that as well.

I've volunteered my Subaru wagon to pickup the helium tank, the total cost
temporarily is $300 ... I agreed to split this with Bill. We'll get a $150
deposit back from that $300, assuming we don't drop the tank off a bridge or
ruin it in some way.

We have everything we need except a proof of concept on the remote
communications system. The parachute has been bought, I have the camera (my
camera is the best quality, and will take the best video compared to the
others), balloon is ready. We have a helium location and a vehicle for
transporting it. We're coming in on the home stretch here, everyone chime in
on if you can make the dates, and what you think. Also if anyone wants to
step up for more funding, that is also appreciated. Who is riding in what
cars, who is taking their car with them. We should have a system for sharing
gas prices, and toll prices, etc.

Next week should be all efforts to assembling the payload, planning that all
out. We need to make sure this is highly organized and we have step by step
layout of what will take place.

Also, when testing the remote communications equipment. We should have two
teams, and have one team hide the device... and the other team finds it. As
a practice run, so we are all familiar with the protocols we'll be using,
and have a real proof of concept for search and rescue.

-John

P.S. The balloon launch takes priority over radio show in my opinion.