[islandlabs] Help w/ TNC? APRS?

Burns, William burns at cshl.edu
Thu Feb 11 23:45:13 EST 2010

John:

What are you looking for re: the TNC?
The K8LG MINI PIC KISS TNC:
http://www2.cemr.wvu.edu/~satellite.balloon/MINI_KISS_GPS.pdf
is PIC based...

Do you have enough info to build one of those?
If you want to change the info that it transmits, this code might help:

http://vpizza.org/~jmeehan/balloon/
<http://vpizza.org/~jmeehan/balloon/>

"I spent some time getting familiar with the APRS Protocol Reference and
then wrote a Perl script (aprs.pl) to implement APRS on the flight
computer."

ftp://ftp.tapr.org/aprssig/aprsspec/spec/aprs101/APRS101.pdf
<ftp://ftp.tapr.org/aprssig/aprsspec/spec/aprs101/APRS101.pdf>

http://vpizza.org/~jmeehan/balloon/aprs.txt
<http://vpizza.org/~jmeehan/balloon/aprs.txt>

What's the next thing you need?

-Bill