[islandlabs] PWNED? Another Balloon Launching competitor

Burns, William burns at cshl.edu
Fri Feb 12 18:06:59 EST 2010

And THOSE guys got pwned by 8th graders.
http://www.springvillegi.org/webpages/sballoon/

Kupo:
I think the noisebridge rig froze 'cause they forgot to include
hand-warmers.
Don't know what to do about spin stabilzation.
Fins would make it worse.
They took full video.
If we take 1 pic/sec, or 1 pic per 5 secs, people might not notice as
much.

Their balloon was bigger and cheaper than ours.

I'm wondering how to secure the camera better.
If the expanding foam trick didn't work, maybe foam packing material
will work better.

John K:
Maybe noisebridge could give us APRS advice?

-Bill