[islandlabs] Balloon Phone

john abella john at abella.net
Fri Feb 26 13:45:39 EST 2010

Just a note -- the phone is coming from Texas and while they tell me it's
already shipped -- it's eBay and we're sort of at the mercy of a few
different people at this point.

Once I get it, I'll mess with Accutracking and Instamapper and track myself
a bit, just to make sure the basics are working.   Hopefully I'll have it by
Wednesday  - or maybe we end up loading it up on Wednesday night if it
arrives that day.  It's the same phone MIT used, so if we want to talk
external antennas or stripping the guts out of the phone the way they did,
now would be the time.

I guess if we don't have it by Weds, we should discuss pushing back a
week.

As soon as I have good news I'll send out a note.

John A.