No subject

Tue Feb 9 16:55:11 EST 2010

Before work, I stopped at the local Home Depot (about 8 blocks from my =
and picked up a length of 1" PVC pipe...a 10-foot length, which is all =

Cost: $2

It turns out the the coupling fittings for 1" PVC is a P-E-R-F-E-C-T fit =
to the
blue hose. I got a coupling fitting and an end cap.

Cost: $1

At work, I smooth-cut an 18" length of the pipe and PVC-cemented the =
to one end. The other end is polished and deburred. The end cap was =
and tapped for 1/4" NPT; the CGA-580 nipple was installed here.

The blue hose was fitted and secured with tie-wraps and the full =
checked at 30 psi helium. There are some slight leaks as the hose comes =
up to
full pressure, but the backpressure never gets that high when filling a
balloon, judging from the appearance of the blue hose.

We are now the proud owners of a higher-quality fill system that won't =
the tank's threads. The unit is packaged in a cardboard box appropriate =