[islandlabs] Local SID chip source

C. Chris Peters cchrispeters at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 07:51:58 EST 2010

For Jonathan and those interested,

Through a strange double twist of fate, I might be able to get a hold of some old Sound Interface Device (SID) chips used in the Commodore 64 and other early "home computer" machines marketed during the mid 1980's. A college friend of mine has a brother who had a business selling computer peripherals. His wife and daughter happen to be in my daughter's religion class.

Jonathan mentioned last Wednesday that he and a few others where working on a project involving SID chips. Just for giggles I asked my fiend's brother's wife, if her husband had any old stock items like the SID chip and gave her my business card.

Well, he called back last night after I went to bed and left a message. I have his number and I will try to call him today to try to find out what (if anything) he may still have. I should know more later today.

Please reply to this email if you want me to pursue this any further.

C. Chris Peters