[islandlabs] Red Cross Request

Burns, William burns at cshl.edu
Fri Jan 22 09:31:07 EST 2010

Johnathan:

At the last meeting, you said something about [re]building PCs for use
by worthy individuals/organizations.

Last night, I heard that the Red Cross's Yaphank location did a reorg,
and ended up short of equipment.
They're looking for (I think just one) PC for a desktop.

The Red Cross in general prefers to use laptops 'cause they work better
in the flakey power situations that you get in disaster situations, but
they'll take basically anything at this point. (their budgets are
strained right now)

They need to run MS-office, etc, so I assume that this should be a
windows machine.
Lori can come up w/ some old hardware if there's nothing else around.

I don't know if there's a chance for another newsday article, but this
could be a good PR opportunity.

Let me know if/what/how you want to get involved.