[islandlabs] Parachute Purchase

Burns, William burns at cshl.edu
Fri Jan 22 18:20:29 EST 2010

John:

Go w/ the 4-ft parachute, but check to make sure that it'll handle a
4-lb payload. (4 lbs should cover/include the weight of the balloon
itself)
Also verify that 4-ft is the measure of it's diameter, and not a
measurement of the arc across the top of the fabric.

The paisley parachute is a test platform.
(The final one should be red, and have a 5-ft diameter)

re: multiple launches
I'd rather not launch 2 balloons at once.
We're better off having the chase teams looking for one balloon, and not
2.
Also, we may be able to improve/make-adjustments to a 2nd flight based
on what we learn from the first.

re: another balloon.
The office is a little crowded, so I don't want to buy another balloon
now.
Once we get one off the ground though, I'll get another one.

re: the camera:
I haven't had a chance to mess w/ the current camera but...
Connie (from the I.L. music meeting) may be showing up on Wednesday to
donate another cannon that's on the CHDK compatibility list, so if you
could be there to help out, that'd be awesome.

re: the launch schedule:
I-Con is coming up.
I'd really like to be able to show Balloon data/results at an I-Con
panel.
(Can we launch on/before March 20th? opinions?)

-Bill