[islandlabs] Idea for payload stabilization

kupo kupo at antenora.aculei.net
Thu Mar 11 13:32:54 EST 2010

I too have been sitting quietly for a few minutes contemplating how we could do this (or a simplified version) I think the only problem would be the excessive amount of strings involved seems like they might tangle, doubly so after balloon pop, like the author mentions.
While sitting here I wondered if we could eliminate the strings with something less malleable like rails?
Or even suspend a clear sphere from the balloon filled with liquid and a smaller clear sphere inside that one with weight at the bottom. Therefore always self righting ? I know the liquid idea wouldn't fly cuz of the weight it adds though. -kupo