[islandlabs] Fw: Re: [NYCR:Microcontrollers] Computer -> Commerical Web Server -> Arduino (via ethernet shield)

Chris Williams cawilliams001 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 02:03:59 EDT 2010

--- On Fri, 3/26/10, Dave Pentecost <dave.pentecost at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Dave Pentecost <dave.pentecost at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [NYCR:Microcontrollers] Computer -> Commerical Web Server ->  Arduino (via ethernet shield)
To: nycresistormicrocontrollers at googlegroups.com
Date: Friday, March 26, 2010, 1:14 AM

I don't have an answer but here are some oblique approaches you might look at.

An alternative to the webserver is the use of a free service like
Pachube, a sensor data repository that also allows web control of
Arduino based on the repository settings.

Start here:

http://community.pachube.com/?q=node/11

More tutorials here:

http://community.pachube.com/tutorials

And although this is going the other way (Arduino sensors to Pachube)
here is a tutorial I wrote about using Arduino, the ethernet shield,
and Zach Hoeken's Danger shield:

http://www.zachhoeken.com/connecting-to-the-world

And again, though it is not exactly what you are looking for, you
should take a look at Ben Combee's Webduino:

http://code.google.com/p/webduino/

Good luck
Dave Pentecost

--