john.abella at gmail.com
Sun May 9 12:24:51 EDT 2010
So 3 or 4 days after getting my makerbot tuned and running, I blew out
a PTFE insulator. Molten ABS leaked out and though I had some
spares, I didn't have the right combination of parts and tools to fix
it just yet. ( for the record, make sure you're set for the right
thermistor! We basically cooked it ).
So now I've got three barrel setups:
1. Ptfe barrel, traditional nichrome wrap, armored with a copper pipe
joint and hose clamps now so it can't bulge.
2. Ptfe, makergear "heatcore" heater, armored
3. PEEK insulator, heatcore, hose clamped.
We also had a lot of issues with the heated build platform, but once
we wired it up to a relay and stopped overheating the MOSFET it's been
Printed for a few hours yesterday and things look good.
My father picked up a bot to build and build and try to sell in eBay.
It arrived friday and we had it printing yesterday morning.
Pics of adventures here - lots!
Sent from my iPhone
More information about the List