[islandlabs] Technician Radio Licensing

Burns, William burns at cshl.edu
Tue Oct 5 13:57:44 EDT 2010

I *should* be going to a red cross communications team meeting tonight at 8:00pm in yaphank.

(That meeting was supposed to happen last night. Hopefully it's not postponed again)

The Red Cross is looking for volunteers (in general) but the communications team is especially looking for volunteers with ham radio licenses, who are willing to participate in the event of a disaster that involves/includes a power-grid, or widespread communications failure.
They *may* be interested in getting involved in HAM training for people are in, or want to be in the Red Cross.

So... Tonight at 8:00pm there should be a Red Cross satellite communications check.
People who are interested in seeing what that's like should let me know.