[islandlabs] makerbot status and radio links

john abella john at abella.net
Fri Sep 17 12:13:01 EDT 2010

The reasons for the extruder not working right are usually one of / a
combination of:

- temp too low
- idler too tight (crushing the filament so much it doesn't fit into the
PTFE)
- idler too loose (gear can't grip on it)
- barrel threaded into PTFE too hard, causing a lip in the PTFE
- some other kind of blockage / snag in the barrel

If you're using ReplicatorG you can go in the control panel and just tell it
'forward' to do test extrusions all day.   Make sure your speed is set to
255.

If you can, heat it up, reverse out your filament and measure part that has
gone through the idler but hasn't gotten melted yet....  make sure it's like
3.2mm or less.

John (in MakerBot / RepRap mode for Maker Faire)