[islandlabs] First in a series of maker faire forwards

Jonathan Dahan jedahan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:51:18 EDT 2010

I will be forwarding some of the more interesting workshops happening that
were advertised a bit at maker faire. Don't mind the noise!

- Jonathan

      Dear all,

If you're receiving this email, it's because we met you at Maker Faire. It
was great to get a chance to talk to you, and we're thrilled that so many
people came out to support makers of all kinds. We hope you had an exciting
day.

We just wanted to say hi, welcome you to our mailing list, and remind you
that the farm is open for visits and small tours for people of almost all
ages. We can also come to you to do anything from a 1 hour workshop and
presentation to several months of curriculum and teaching, or to help you
design, construct, and maintain your own hydroponic systems.

Our eblasts, which you will now receive, also include information about
upcoming workshops and other events at which Boswyck Farms will be making an
appearance.

If you want to contact us about those opportunities or anything else, you
can always reach us at info at boswyckfarms.org.

------------------------------
As a reminder, we are currently fundraising on Kickstarter.
You can see the details of our project here:
kck.st/cfpCmn<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=pxiwdndab&et=1103726838169&s=669&e=001NPmtBWuj9FgMgh5jG8qcwtVbw6f6owj7VeDBzFKO69hDlRXFAWTulNAxcapoR9AykRNyDrWEy0H4cVIXP5b4CVi9hPxjT66zoTsyW0YjCf4=>

Any donation will help: from $1 to the entire amount we're trying to raise.
Plus, there are great prizes for people who donate $10 and up. We hope you
can help either by making a donation, or by spreading the word.

------------------------------
UPCOMING WORKSHOPS - 10/5 and 10/23

Our next Getting Started with Hydroponics workshops will be on Tuesday,
October 5th and Saturday, October 23rd. The workshops will be here at the
farm in Bushwick, Brooklyn.

The workshop will include:

   - A brief history of hydroponics;
   - An overview of a variety of hydroponic growing techniques;
   - A hands-on demonstration for building a basic drip system to take home.
   The system you construct will support one large plant, such as tomatoes or
   peppers.

The fee for the workshop is $40; the fee for materials is $55. Click the
appropriate link to register for the 10/5 workshop (7 p.m. - 9:30
p.m.)<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=pxiwdndab&et=1103726838169&s=669&e=001NPmtBWuj9FiU9SkfJVedG-n_YHRw2ssMCZLt2zP2IgRTuSZB-KUXiTgQZWhxgLvYFd0TQN2FwAOjtlbqpnudpF1C45V3TsWEd184tP2PMnkU3yLaxo7gF9kKrcW29ichLKHcmcgtGKE=>or
the 10/23
workshop (11 a.m. - 1:30
p.m.)<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=pxiwdndab&et=1103726838169&s=669&e=001NPmtBWuj9Fh4k8msfTIK-QKzvDvacCSsGuytjg4IBKa8D7v61veO3S-NqigDLNYqx3JEg9jKHIorZEYe-uwEMC9_yEaGOfcPqHy-CZlWsMzse_y1SS403cjkUJLeHYpxXIZNnCRZw0Q=>If
you're interested in learning about hydroponics but aren't ready to
build
a system, the materials fee will be waived.  Happy rainy fall,

Boswyck Farms