[islandlabs] hacker space

Helio Takai takai at bnl.gov
Tue Aug 16 20:35:38 UTC 2011

Bill,

Nice, I'd be interested to learn more about the balloon launch.

Cloud chambers - We built several, from fish tanks, to peltier cooled, and petri dishes.
I have few of the petri dishes left in kit form.

As far as FM radio, the one I have been thinking is this

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10344

There is a interferometer that was setup to map the lower part of the ionosphere (I think) :

http://rrsl.ee.washington.edu/Projects/Manastash/

But I have not a good feel for how it would work. In the past we used analog TV stations that
are not around anymore.

Cheers

Helio