[islandlabs] super-cheap 5-volt power supplies

Burns, William burns at cshl.edu
Mon Jul 25 02:55:29 UTC 2011

Remember the duracell cell-phone charger that work on AA batteries?

They're not in stores anymore, but I think I found them on Amazon.

These are horrible devices for their intended purpose.

(charging your phone with a disposable battery?)

But, they're great for powering a cell-phone with lithium batteries if/when you need to launch them into space.

(as in our first payload design inspired by MIT)

They're also good for providing portable power for arduinos, or anything else needing 5-Volt power.

I don't know what the shipping charges are (so be careful about that) but the per-unit cost on these is great.

AA USB cell-phone charger
Original space-balloon Duracell AA cell-phone charger