[islandlabs] Balloon launch, etc

Sean Rodger srodger1 at optonline.net
Mon Jul 25 14:49:51 UTC 2011

Hey,
  Sorry I haven't been into this email account since Friday - super busy
weekend (wedding anniversary, trip into Brooklyn, and I set up a camera
system/dvr.).
I should have mentioned in my original post email that I was unable to
attend on Saturday .  I've had some ideas about how to steer the decent, but
I think that the Styrofoam glider idea is the best.
It allows for a fast decent and that minimizes the effect of wind.  Steering
a slower moving parachute is easier, but wind will still carry it further I
think if the decent is slower.
Also, instead of an actively controlled decent, the glider could just be
fixed for a spiral decent.  Is there a maximum decent rate allowed by law?

Sean