[islandlabs] I-CON stuff

jfp jfp_1999 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 22:23:09 UTC 2012

Here is some stuff we can use for our I-CON proposal this year:

Description of Island Labs:
Use this photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jabella/4415937578/in/photostream/

Biographical blurb:
Island Labs is a collective of technology enthusiasts from Long Island, New York.  We aim to improve the world by creatively rethinking technology.  Some focuses of the group are mechanical, software, electrical, chemical, social, and food engineering.  A lot of us are artists, musicians, and generally fun people.  \o/  All meetings are open to the public, we have newcomers every meeting.

Website:
http://www.islandlabs.org/

Event #1:
Title:
Build Your Own Robot Army
Build Your Own Robot Army
Time:
1.5 - 2 hours if possible
 (((Maybe Friday @6 -- last year's time slot.  We could also do this a second time Saturday or Sunday.)))

Event #2:
Title:
Science Trivia Challenge (with prizes)
A science quiz show.  Get the answers and win a prize.
Time:
2 hours

Event #3:
Title:
Kitchen Science
This panel will demonstrate some basic science experiments using ordinary kitchen materials.
Time:
1 hour(+?)
 (((Do we want to try to do this back to back with a Robot Army talk?)))
 (((Do we want to also do an additional mad science, re-purposing talk?)))

Additional Events:
-Arduino or Open Hardware talk?
-Linux Talk?
-Would we be interested in participating on other scitech panels?