[Webteam] Bad Behavior / Mediawiki bug and workaround

Nelson Pavlosky nelson at freeculture.org
Mon Dec 25 06:28:40 UTC 2006

I spoke too soon... Bad Behavior does cause a cosmetic error in
Mediawiki unless you use this workaround which I forgot about.  When the
bug is active, it only appears on the "edit" page.  If you register for
an account, and then try to edit a page, you will see that the "this is
a minor edit" and "watch this page" lines of text are not on the same
lines as the check boxes that correspond to them.  There is also an
inexplicable newline between "Cancel" and "| Editing Help".

According to the Bad Behavior developer, this is related to the
mediawiki "timer insertion" so we just disable that by commenting out
this line:

$wgHooks['ParserAfterTidy'][] = 'bb2_mediawiki_timer';

I have done that, and everything appears to be back to "normal".

~Nelson~